WHO WE ARE
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning school community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools (K-12) in some of the world’s most dynamic regions – New York, Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China, with more campuses opening in the coming years. We are building a team of highly-talented, passionate and hardworking people to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
The Head of Operations is charged with the comprehensive responsibility for all business functions of the school and ensuring its financial and academic success through strong partnership with the Head of School. Reporting to the VP of Independent Schools Management, the Head of Operations is accountable for helping to build and maintain a culture of teamwork and support among the staff and enabling the faculty to deliver outstanding classroom instruction while meeting annual budgetary targets. He or she manages the school facilities and information technology infrastructure, oversees all outside services and procurement, and provides on-site human resources management. The Head of Operations also works closely with the academic team to ensure high standards of customer service for our parents.
- Acts as the business leader of the school, responsible for day to day operation of its facility and services, its culture and sense of community, and its customer service centered approach
- Performs budget management in conjunction with the central Finance department including bookkeeping and inventory; tuition and fee collection; purchasing, procurement and contract execution
- Develops RFPs for new services and manages existing contracts and relationships for all services and supplies including student meals, student transportation, facilities maintenance, cleaning and security; classroom materials; and administrative supplies.
- Collaborates on creation of robust auxiliary program, oversees its budget creation, and ensures associated revenue targets are met
- Serves as a consultant to all staff and faculty in matters of human resources and manages all associated on-site functions including payroll review, hiring & onboarding, leave coordination, documentation, etc.
- Coordinates with central Human Resources department on employee related needs and matters
Facility & IT Management
- Oversees the physical operation of the school facility including maintenance, repairs and renovations; safety and security; waste management and janitorial; supply procurement
- Manages technology infrastructure and systems (with the help of on- and off-site support at all levels) including the school’s data network, laptop and tablet devices, CCTV and VOIP systems, access controls, and classroom display technologies.
- Develops, maintains and reports all required environmental, health, safety and maintenance standards required by law and/or central policy
- Oversees the activities of the facility and information technology coordinators as well as front office staff and meets regularly with them to ensure quality of infrastructure and services
- Provides strong leadership and direction and maintains high morale
School & Workplace Community
- Ensures an environment in which a world-class academic program can be achieved through a school climate that is supportive and high morale
- Conducts regular meetings with staff to exchange information and ideas
- Ensures that the students and faculty needs are met promptly and within budget through a strong working relationship with the Head of School
Enrollment & Admissions
- Works collaboratively and proactively with the admissions and enrollment team by providing logistical support for prospective information meetings, family meetings, and select community events to ensure that the school meets annual recruitment goals
- Works collaboratively with the marketing team to ensure proper brand and marketing efforts are facilitated in the school and within the community
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and practices with ability to act analytically and strategically to solve problems on the fly
- Sound understanding of basic finance and accounting practices
- Ability to promote teamwork, and a proven record of strong leadership
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative management style
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Desire to work in a role and environment serving children
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or similar; Masters preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in facilities, operations, hospitality management or similar.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.