Manager, Brown University Sports Foundation Fundraising Operations and Projects
Brown University, Division of Advancement
The Manager manages and executes fundraising projects for the Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF), which collectively raises more than $20 million per year to support the Athletic Department. He/she ensures that the communications calendar is created strategically and thoughtfully with an emphasis on creating a cohesive schedule with all of the other main direct marketing channels (phone, email, social media, hyper-giving, etc.) He/she also serves as a quality control manager for all communications, and is responsible for analyzing the results of outreach and overall communication by segment and organized by data criteria. He/she is responsible for strategic analysis and recommendations for the Director and Associate Directors based on data-driven results to improve donors and dollars year-over-year through the BUSF.
- Additionally, the Manager will work closely with the Director to develop strategies and reports to analyze data as needed to monitor the fundraising progress of all Athletics Annual Fund contributions and sport-specific annual fundraising across 38 varsity programs. He/she will need a strong expertise and understanding of data analysis and reporting.
- This person works closely with the Director and Associate Directors to analyze and improve fundraising performance through the design and interpretation of reports. He/she will need to identify opportunities and future fundraising challenges for the BUSF. The incumbent will implement and analyze efforts designed to increase donor and volunteer retention for the BUSF.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4-5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher-education or non-profit setting highly desirable. Fundraising and marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading ability; must be able to communicate with a varied University constituency
- Creativity, motivation, and superior problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to word-processing, spreadsheet, mail merge, and database software required. Experience with database query tools preferred. Computer expertise and continued interest in maintaining and improving skills. Computer proficiency in word processing, including knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel (required), PowerPoint (required), and familiarity with navigating the internet (required). Comfortable working with relational databases.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.