If your passion is fostering the well-being of older adults, you will enjoy working at North Shore Senior Center. As a member of our staff, you will have the opportunity to understand the feelings, needs, and wants of seniors and foster an upbeat perspective on aging. As a team member who directly serves seniors, you will work with highly-skilled, dedicated colleagues.
Seeking a Substitute Case Manager for our Choices for Care Program. This is an "as needed"/"per diem" role.
Choices for Care Program covers 6 area hospitals: Lutheran General, Glenbrook, Holy Family, Skokie, Evanston, and St. Francis.
Conduct nursing facility prescreening to assess the need for long term care placement of individuals prior to a nursing facility admission. Provide information to individuals and their families about available services in the community, appropriate options to placement in a nursing facility and their rights to refuse any and all of these services.
- Meet face to face with clients and family members in hospitals or homes prior to placement in a nursing facility in order to conduct prescreening assessments and provide early counseling about service options and individual rights. Under certain circumstances, a post-screen is conducted and counseling provided after admission to a nursing facility. Work schedule could include weekend on-call coverage. Staff is required to drive in all weather conditions and the home environments can range from very clean to very dirty.
- Review client information and hospital records to gather current and past health information. Meet with clients to complete the Illinois Department on Aging Choices for Care Assessment (DON- Determination of Needs). When appropriate, refer the client and prescreen to agencies (PAS- Pre-admission Screen) specializing in mentally ill or developmentally delayed individuals.
- Enter screening results in Choices 90-Day Look-up System, notify discharging hospital and nursing facility of screening results and complete all other required documentation and notifications.
- If client rejects nursing facility placement and elects alternative services, complete NAPIS form, coordinate referrals to local CCUs for CARP (Community Aging Referral Program) and other services in collaboration with hospital discharge planners. When client is discharged to home alone in situation of imminent risk of nursing home placement within 72 hours and financially eligible, a CCP Interim assessment is to be completed and CCP service to be set up in CCU area. Complete all required electronic and paper documentation. Refer client to CCUs for follow-up CCP Initial Assessment and case management.
- Communicate with supervisor on a consistent basis concerning cases, clients and own work progress to ensure proper coverage and operation of the Choices for Care Program. With limited face to face meetings during the week, this will often require timely and thorough email or voicemail communication.
- Complete all case and departmental reports and documents as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Substitute Case Managers are committed to consistent availability as needed, with maximum 999 working hours per calendar year.