| Overview : |
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $15 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Company's brokerage operations are conducted by its Interactive Brokers subsidiaries and its proprietary market-making operations are conducted by its Timber Hill subsidiaries. IBKR employs approximately 1,200 people and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 370 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands.
 Figures as of September 30, 2016. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
Interactive Brokers has the following full-time job open-ing for a professional, motivated and technologically oriented candidate:
The Internal Auditor will perform Compliance, Financial, Operational and Information System audits for the purpose of determining the accuracy of financial records, effectiveness of prudent business practices, and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations. In addition, this position will also assist in department's unclaimed property Compliance and a udit confirmation tasks.
- Conduct audits to assess compliance with firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Design and run queries , mainly via Microsoft Access, to obtain data necessary for performing audits and other projects
- Identify/implement automation opportunities to enhance compliance and efficiencies of the business as a whole.
- Develop process knowledge and identify risk areas for assigned audit projects;
- Keep abreast with various laws/regulations applicable for a global broker/dealer;
- Support firm's unclaimed property compliance initiatives. This involves aiding firm's unclaimed property identification and reporting tasks to ensure compliance with global unclaimed property laws.
- Develop specifications to automate the audit, unclaimed property and confirmation tasks , wherever possible.
- Process audit confirmation requests for IB's clients and support continuousimprovement of firm's Audit Confirmation Response system that is designed to automatically respond to confirmation requests.
- Travel will be limited to less than 10%;
A college degree is essential. Desired majors include, but are not limited to, Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems. The desired candidate will have 1-4 years business experience preferably with exposure to auditing and/or programming. Candidate must be comfortable working in an automated hands-on environment. Ideal candidate would be inquisitive, quick learner, detail oriented, have good organizational skills, and capable of performing data analytical tasks. Good written and oral communication skills are also desired.