Under the general supervision, performs a variety of basic health care activities in the client's home, maintains related clinical records, and performs light housekeeping duties. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions
Assists with or provides basic health care in the client's home to include but not limited to: bathing client, shampooing hair, shaving, care of teeth and mouth, toileting, dressing, range of motion exercises, and assisting with self-administered medications.
Takes and records vital signs, and weighs patient as assigned.
Performs light housekeeping duties relating to the client to include: making and changing bed linens, tidying bedroom and bathroom, and maintaining a clean environment for the client.
Gathers biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate information from patients, including information on the signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect. In conjunction with other disciplines, assists in developing a realistic comprehensive patient/family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and providing patient/family health teaching.
Maintains clinical records, signs each record and makes significant comments.
Assists with simple, non-sterile dressings, testing urine, measuring and recording intake and output, using devices to aid in normal living activities, and teaching self-care hygiene.
Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent (GED) required
- 3 months as a CNA, or 1 year direct patient care experience in a health care environment
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a driver's record deemed acceptable by SSM
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers
- This position requires daily travel to patient homes and meeting locations, the ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner is an essential function of the job
- Access to a vehicle in good working condition is required
About SSM Health at Home:
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.