Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1241
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Coordinator of Faculty Affairs for the Office of Faculty Affairs. The Coordinator of Faculty Affairs will be responsible for all aspects of faculty including hiring, terminations, evaluations, promotions, re-appointments, I-9 E-Verify, payroll matters, and other matters within Faculty Affairs.
- Assists in the planning and maintenance of the office to provide the highest level of service.
- Ensures compliance with all procedures and coordinates the timely completion of all aspects of the hiring process, including new hires, voluntary faculty, administrative appointments, promotions, and I-9 E-Verification.
- Coordinates and provides administrative and analytical services for the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Processes faculty personnel actions; serves as a liaison between the Office and other administrative units, such as Academic Affairs, Human Resources, Payroll, etc.
- Establishes and maintains official personnel files for faculty; enters and maintains information in the Faculty Information System.
- Compiles and analyzes relevant data from a variety of sources for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; responsible for preparing reports for presentation to various audiences, and prepares chart, graphs or tables as necessary.
- Analyzes and organizes office procedures and workflow of the office, and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Travel to affiliate institutions as needed to assure and evaluate faculty issues.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement at all times is required. Must be computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment.
Department: NJMS-Office of Special Programs