| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Pathology and Immunology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position serves as working supervisor directly responsible for the Accounts Receivable team. Position will work with insurance follow up and appeals staff to identify rejection trends, report issues to payor representatives and attend payor meetings. Position will monitor ETM views making adjustments to work assignments as needed. Position will also perform quality assurance audits and provide routine feedback to staff members. .
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors ETM views on a daily basis, adjusting work assignments dependent upon staffing levels.
- Runs & monitors routine ETM specific reports as well GE/IDX reports (i.e., Daily Charges, TES Aging, Encounters on Hold, etc.).
- Ensure missing charge report is worked monthly.
Quality Assurance Audits:
- Performs monthly quality assurance audits for insurance follow up & appeals staff to assure claims are being worked efficiently & correctly.
- Runs monthly productivity volumes.
- Conducts routine meetings with staff to review audit results & productivity volumes.
- Facilitates client billing by submitting monthly invoices to facilities & hospitals.
- Performs routine follow up to ensure all revenue is captured.
- Facilitates requests from various university & BJH departments for research & clinical trials pricing.
- Enters ID's online.
- Works TES research/clinical trial edits.
Billing & Accounts Receivable System Coordinator:
Serves as liaison for Billing & Accounts Receivable system (i.e., GE/IDX):
- Trouble shoots issues between Co Path (i.e., electronic medical record) & billing system.
- Submits new employee paperwork, to WUSM's PBS team, to grant access to billing & electronic medical record systems.
- Submits requests for new pathologists in billing system; coordinates with BJH as well as Co Path's IT team.
- Serves as billing system upgrade coordinator.
- Act as backup for collectors by assisting with appeals & following up with insurance companies.
- Reviews & approves time off requests.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Equivalent of Associate’s degree with 5 years related experience, preferably in medical insurance setting with supervisory duties.
- Applicants have one of the coding credentials: AHIMA (CCA, CCS, or CCS-P); AAPC (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, CPC-H-A, or one of the AAPC specialty-specific coding credentials (the specialty-specific credential is only valid for that employee’s department).
- Pathology coding & collections experience is a plus.
The hiring range for this position is $48,318 - $61,609 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C11.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.