-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Multispecialty Center - Scheduling Hub. This position is on our North Campus located at 700 Rosedale.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all aspects of a scheduler and customer service representative by telephone. To ensure accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, mini-registration, entering demographic and insurance/referral information. The Patient Services Representative will serve as liaison between consumers (staff, patients, healthcare professionals and general public) and advocates the patients’ needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a liaison between consumers and WUSM; assists consumers in a timely, efficient and courteous manner regarding appointment information, systems, procedures, and resources.
- Processes and monitors medical telephone communication; assesses consumers needs, takes messages and directs calls as appropriate. Takes any and all necessary steps to facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Explains the relationship between internal and external customers and routes calls to the appropriate responder. Provides information on resources as appropriate.
- Supports referring physician services function by addressing general calls regarding selection of primary care physicians, general questions regarding the managed care system and referring appropriate calls to the Patient Information and Referral Services Coordinator.
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments and patient procedures.
- Uses e-commerce real time eligibility to check for eligibility or check eligibility manually as needed.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled appropriately in accordance with procedures to include referral and registration processes. Enters referral, pre-cert and pre-visit testing information in appropriate visit data fields.
- Responsible for patient registration and updates of information.
- Registers new patients in the IDX registration system as needed using mini-registration. Obtains complete and accurate demographic and insurance information.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C04.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account.� If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor.�� To attach these documents, go to:� My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type � Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.� Position hours are generally regular business hours.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
- Must have organization and communication skills that require discretion with confidential information.
- This person must be able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, have knowledge of medical terminology, and is capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
High school diploma with 2 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
The hiring range for this position is $12.30 - $15.07 per hour.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.