The Director manages and leads a team whose primary function is to provide budget, financial and analytical support, oversight and services to clients of the office (administrative and academic units) based on the needs and capabilities of the individual client. The financial services team produces consistent, meaningful reports and analysis to support fiscal responsibility, accountability, and decision making by client departments and by University leadership (Provost, Dean of the College, Dean of the Graduate School, and others). The Director provides financial planning services and expertise directly to department leaders (Chairs, Deans, and others) and maintains customer service and accountability metrics for the financial services team. â??
- The position oversees the preparation, development, maintenance, and oversight of client budgets, ensuring timely monthly financial reporting and analysis. Ensures high level reporting formats and approach is consistent among units. Participates with the Managing Director and Vice President to prepare budget development, report updates and projections in support of the University Resources Committee process.
- Provides budget and financial planning expertise to chairs, deans, and managers to determine financial implications of proposed projects, interpret changes impacting the unit's finances,.
- Provides direct financial analysis services to a small portfolio of clients, and provides grant proposal development services for select faculty.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing a team of financial professionals, each serving one or more client departments.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required/MBA, CPA or advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 yearsâ?? experience in financial management (or equivalent combination of education & experience) including budgeting, analysis, planning and reporting; higher education experience a plus
- Strong commitment to supporting the University's goal of cultivating a diverse and inclusive community.
- Proven leadership and management of a high performing team
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to present and communicate data to varied audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with a varied constituency including senior/executive level administrators
- Flexible and adaptable to changing administrative structures; creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage competing priorities; strong time management skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, databases and accounting/budget systems
- Knowledge of grant accounting and administration a plus
Background Check - Criminal/Educational
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-23-08:00
Job Posting Title:Director, Financial Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.