NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst .
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for analysis and maintenance of Patient Accounting billing and receivable management systems (EPIC, Siemens Eagle 2000, ePREMIS, Healthcharge)
- Coordinates system functional and user acceptance testing. Creates and/or participates in unit and integrated testing. Completes system setup and testing for system updates. Obtains approval and signoff from stakeholders.
- Assists in user training. Works collaboratively with systems analyst to create user training manuals. Trains users on new or updated system functionality.
- Participates in user and internal team meetings. Attends departmental meeting. Attends 2 educational and 2 HIPAA security courses.
- Functions as a liaison between Information Technology, systems vendors and Revenue Cycle departments. Communicates business and system concerns to I.T., vendors and RC. Participates in interdepartmental team meetings.
- Provides systematic daily support to numerous hospital management teams. Actively explores and corrects system issues preventing claim generation. Independently analyzes system requirements versus business requirements. Monitors and provides daily systems maintenance.
- Coordinates various aspects of project implementations, systems upgrades and quality assurance processes. Creates components of project plan with input from Project Manager. Coordinates project activities as specified in project plan. Independently analyzes data requirements for system upgrades. Recommends corrective and preventive action to mitigate risks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 2-3 years in hospital revenue cycle operations or healthcare technology related field
Master's Degree. Over four years in hospital revenue cycle operations or healthcare technology related field
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.