NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Ultrasound Technician *Per-Diem*.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for performing all methods of vascular ultrasound testing which include Duplex Scanning, Arterial Doppler and Pulse Volume Recordings, Venous Doppler, and Strain Gauge, Plethysmography, and OPG techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Provides for Patient comfort and arranges equipment for procedure. Prepares equipment and supplies according to established departmental procedures. Interacts with patients by identifying self to patient and verifies the identity of the patient by checking the patients ID bracelet or verbal acknowledgement by patient. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Provides for patient privacy at all times.
- Administers vascular procedures by operating computerized ultrasound equipment and recording devices. Utilizes patient chart in obtaining pertinent history as necessary. Demonstrates a working knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and hemodynamics, as well as the major disease processes of the Cerebral Vascular and Peripheral Vascular systems. Performs, assesses, and critiques the patients Doppler deciding what is necessary for a complete diagnostic study based on initial request and preliminary results of procedures. Alerts the appropriate medical staff of abnormalities that require immediate attention. Compares present echocardiograms to previous studies to monitor changes in present status. Carries out assignments within a realistic time frame.
- Documents the vascular exam according to departmental procedures. Selects, cuts, and mounts segments of scans in order to visualize flow studies, both normal and abnormal. Enters, maintains, and records all pertinent patient data. Informs physician of any changes in patients condition or pertinent findings from examination.
- Maintains equipment in proper functioning order. Cleans and prepares equipment of patient application. Sterilizes equipment after each isolation patient in accordance with nursing and departmental policies. Performs predetermined, preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is operating efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a two years of college and completion of one year program in Ultrasound; eligible to take the Registry exam (ARDMS) or equivalent combination of education and experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.