NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing studies focusing on the phenomenology, biology, and treatment of anxiety, grief, and stress related disorders.
- Manages federally-sponsored and privately-funded research on the etiology and treatment of anxiety, traumatic stress disorders, and complicated grief, including oversight of research data, organization of regulatory binders, and management of study databases.
- Serves as the liaison between the Principal Investigator and Institutional Review Board.
- Responsibilities include preparing and modifying ethics committee proposals and communicating with the IRB regarding ongoing studies.
- Designs and manages advertisement campaigns to recruit specific populations for research studies.
- Performs data entry, cleaning, and analysis.
- Conducts literature reviews for grant submissions and ongoing research work at the center.
- Assists in dissemination efforts on finding of research studies, including preparation of posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Conducts phone interviews to assess fit with study inclusion/exclusion criteria and match participants to studies for initial screening visit.
- Observe and assist with treatment groups, as necessary for ongoing treatment studies.
- Provides referrals for patients who do not qualify for current research studies.
- Acts as the primary research contact for patients enrolled in studies.
- Manage patient charts and visit schedules.
- Administers laboratory tests, including vital signs, electrocardiogram, urine toxicology, and phlebotomy.
- Collects and processes patient blood and saliva samples.
- To qualify you must have a BA or BS in psychology or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible project coordination experience, preferably in a research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for work in collaborative research environment and with clinical population.
- Attentive to detail and flexible in fast-pace work environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Statistical knowledge and experience with data management and analysis.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, as well as standard statistical analysis tools.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior preparation relevant to working in a research and clinical setting.
- Prior experience working in research laboratory or related clinical setting preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.