NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Painter Mechanic.
This position is responsible for preparing, patching, finishing and maintaining all surfaces (wood, plaster, drywall, steel, concrete, brick, etc.) by recognized procedures and techniques of the painting trade.
- Participates on inspecting work sites to determine procedure, material and equipment needed to complete work assignment as professionally and quickly as possible. Transports materials, tools, and equipment to the work site as needed. Requests material, tools, and equipment as needed from foreman and stockroom. Protects public in working areas from bodily harm at all times. Protects equipment and tools from damage. Reports competition of assignments of task to the foreman. Keeps the work area neat at all times. Follows safety procedures and requirements as requested by the Department and Institution.
- Performs lettering, waterproofing of the walls, slabs and caulking. General masonry work repairs, minor roof repairs, (Leak stops). Water proofs masonry and concrete elements for buildings such as wall columns and floors. Performs painting and kaulking of exterior and interior surfaces. Performs repairs of masonry and concrete structures. Repairs different types of roofing systems.
- Hangs wallpaper and fabrics and plaster walls. Hangs different types of wallpapers using corresponding adhesive. Measures existing wall papers, texture and color in order to restore wall covering or wall finches destroyed by construction or repairs.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level. Follows and approves safety procedures.
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures. Smoothes surfaces using sand paper, removes old paint from in order to prepare surfaces using chemical substances and mechanical tools. Selects premixed paints, or mixes customized colors using formulas and mixing devices. Paints surfaces using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers and create decorating effects using different tools and techniques. Repairs holes and services using proper filler or material. Stains and varnishes natural wood products as requested by hospital staff.
- Maintains and performs preventative maintenance painting on buildings interior and exterior. Supports of public areas and maintenance programs. Repairs all public areas such as (corridors, bathrooms, lobby, etc.). Periodically inspects roofs for repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum five years experience. Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the above requirement to four years.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.