NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Security Guard.
This position is responsible for providing security by protecting Medical Center patients, faculty, staff, students, and visitors and by preventing destructive acts to Medical Center property.
- Patrols Medical Center grounds and facilities in order to safeguard life and property. Performs various security checks to safeguard life and property. Enforces Medical Center and Security Department policies and procedures as appropriate. Recognizes potentially hazardous situations and implements appropriate preventive measures. Demonstrates knowledge of all security posts including the operations center.
- Investigates and follows-up on all incidents that compromise the safety and security of the Medical Center community or property. Demonstrates investigative techniques appropriate to the situation. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate contact person/department regarding identified hazards. Assists in emergency situations as appropriate and according to Medical Center and Security Department policies and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to gather facts and thoroughly assess the scene of an incident. Follows Security Department policies and procedures when interviewing subjects, suspects, and witnesses to an incident or when interviewing complainants.
- Responds to the needs and requests for assistance from the Medical Center community and visitors. Provides a prompt and courteous response to requests and/or inquiries from Medical Center patients, visitors, faculty, staff and students. Demonstrates an awareness of important issues that may underlie or impact the request, inquiry or response.
- Prepares written reports as required. Composes written reports that are clear, complete and accurate. Completes reports in accordance with Security Department policies and procedures. Submits reports to the supervisor on a timely basis.
- Communicates effectively with all departments, the Medical Center community and visitors. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of information pertaining to the Medical Center including clinician and patient information. Demonstrates appropriate communication techniques to defuse tense or hostile situations. Listens carefully and responds in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Prioritizes, completes and communicates assigned work. Completes assigned work by the end of the tour. Ensures effective coordination of departmental activities by informing department members of the current status of assigned work. Demonstrates willingness and the ability to perform various work assignments competently. Willingness to take on additional assignments upon completion of assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Valid New York State Security Guard License. Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses: Security Guard Reg-NYS
- Valid New York State Drivers License. Prior military/law enforcement experience or Fire Safety Director Certification a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.