| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT AssistantFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe IT Assistant Level 2 is responsible for assisting senior level management with the delivery of existing and new services. This position will report to the IT Senior Associate.The primary responsibilities are:|
* Coordinate the Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee. Assist with the college's call for proposal process for the STF. Track and monitor the college-wide budgeting and purchasing process for the STF budget. Maintain the SFT SharePoint team site which houses both historical and present documentation.
* Coordinate IT desktop projects using project management methodologies.
* Assist in the coordination of activities related to the introduction of new IT services (e.g. Xerox Smart Print Program, Roll out of Virtual Desktop Initiative, System Center Configuration Manager, Service Manager, etc.) including quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing and release management plans as well as maintaining system and/or user documentation, procedures and other necessary instructions.
* Assist in the implementation of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and IT Best Practices.
* Operate Microsoft Service Center focusing on software deployments and report generation.
* Assist in the deployment of mobile technologies including Apple, Google, and Android.
* Serve as a Tier 2 technician regarding Microsoft Office product suite and Microsoft Exchange, web based and browser related services.
* Assist in the management of virtual desktops in the academic classrooms/labs.
* Troubleshoot technical issues and escalate to other technical teams.
* Demonstrate an understanding of, and adhere to, systems methodologies, performance standards, and work methods established by the Division of Information Technology.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)3. Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution4. Demonstrated English Language proficiency5. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications:
* Proven ability to provide technical support for users in a Windows based environment including both hardware and software
* Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
* Excellent analytical, technical, communication, writing, presentation, team management and project management skills
* Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) or other similar IT Service Management frameworks
* Experience using Microsoft Service Center focusing on software deployments and report generation
* Good working knowledge of imaging software's such as GHOST and other imaging products and mobile technologies including Apple, Google, and Android
* Familiarity with web based and browser related services
* Knowledge of troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques on technical issues that will focus on providing high levels of customer satisfaction
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite and Microsoft Exchange, VMWARE Horizon software and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
* Good understanding of network topologies, including DHCP, DNS and TCPIPCOMPENSATIONNew Hire: $51,569*Incumbent: $58,274Maximum: $70,544*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.CLOSING DATE2/25/17JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Lehman College*Job Title:
* IT Assistant, Level 2 (Provisional)*Job ID:
* 16273*Full/Part Time: