| POSITION DETAILSThe Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Lehman is the only four-year public college in the Bronx and is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The college serves mainly undergraduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study.Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Affairs, the Confidential Executive Officer will perform a variety of substantive and time-sensitive duties, assignments, and projects for the effective functioning of a busy executive office. In this capacity, the Confidential Executive Officer oversees complex administrative and operational functions and provides leadership on a variety of organizational, staffing and special projects. As a visible representative of the Student Affairs Division, the Confidential Executive Officer is an important intermediary between the division's various functional areas and the Vice President.Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
* Serves as a Student Affairs senior staff member and liaison to the college administration on policy development and other collaborative projects.
* Provides leadership or support to initiatives originating from the Vice President for Student Affairs Office including development of strategies to promote initiatives, writing proposals, chairing or staffing committees, and consultation with administrators or appropriate staff.
* Independently provides administrative/executive level of support to the Vice President for Student Affairs in the daily operations of the division of Student Affairs; serves as the College's academic integrity officer.
* Provides project management oversight for various special initiatives; develops divisional efforts in special projects; and works with other Campus and University units to oversee complex, high priority analytical and statistical reports with responsibility for outcomes.
* Serves as a student advocate for the division of Student Affairs, providing confidential, neutral, and independent resource for student concerns and conflicts and coordinates emergency grant program; serves as the primary coordinator of student judicial services.
* Creates College-wide initiatives intended to connect students with the college's support services; supervises the Office of Campus Life.
* Manages Student Affairs events such as professional development webinars and customer service workshops as well as college commencement ceremony.
* Coordinates publication of the divisional newsletter.
* Participates in grant development and submission efforts.
* Develops and maintains a database for all student inquiries to the Vice President of Student Affairs Office, as well as reviews and solves problems.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.Preferred Qualifications:
* Supervisory experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in student/academic services in higher education or related area
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Knowledge of best practices in student services and emerging issues in higher education
* Ability to develop and present reports, statistical summaries, demonstrations, etc. consistent with the scope and nature of the division
* Commitment to working with a diverse urban, commuter student population
* Knowledge of assessment practicesCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWAs a senior staff member serving as a confidential assistant in a Campus or University Executive's office, leads unit initiatives, participates in planning and setting priorities, and drives strategic initiatives to ensure their success.
* Participates in planning and in setting policies with responsibility for preparing aspects of strategic and operational plans
* Participates in developing and executing performance management systems to evaluate progress
* Works with other Campus and University units to oversee complex, high-priority projects, with responsibility for outcomes
* Represents the Executive in Campus or University-wide activities and may act in his/her place as needed
* Independently carries out major responsibilities under the Executive's purview, such as monitoring and evaluating unit activities, financial planning and review, serving as chair of key committees, and communications with senior Campus or University management
* May serve as Chief of Staff of a large Executive Office
* Performs related duties as assigned.This position is excluded from union representation.CUNY TITLEHigher Education OfficerFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).For technical issues:Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.For other questions:For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.CLOSING DATEReview of Resumes will begin February 27, 2017 and continue until a candidate has been identified.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Lehman College*Job Title:
* Confidential Executive Officer*Job ID:
* 16300*Full/Part Time: