| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
West Pines Behavioral Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, Colo. (estab. 1988)
- On the campus of Lutheran Medical Center
Services & Expertise
- Serves adults 18 & older with psychiatric or substance abuse concerns
- Integrated treatment for those affected by both chemical dependency & an emotional or psychiatric disorder
- Outpatient programs, partial hospitalization, residential substance abuse treatment & inpatient acute care
- Holistic treatment approach focuses on the patientâ??s physical, emotional, social & spiritual well-being
- Providing hope, healing & recovery for patients & their loved ones
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required (BSN required within 5 years of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in an inpatient adult acute psych unit is strongly preferred and recommended