This is a full-time position at grade 7
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The mission of the Head of Division is to set-up, organise and run the newly created division, and to lead and motivate its team members, whose responsibility is to provide the management of the Finance Directorate (FI) with methodologies and analysis supporting the definition of appropriate financial strategies and policies, in particular in the following fields:
- Liquidity buffer size and composition;
- Funding plan, volume and maturity profile; extent of maturity transformation;
- Hedging strategies, optimisation of bilateral ISDA books;
- Asset Liability Management, risk-appetite definition, fund transfer pricing.
The division will also support FI management in 1) the definition of the policy and strategy answers to regulatory developments and will assist on the implementation of such regulations if adopted as Best Banking Practices and 2), as the case may be, in the consequences on the business model of accounting changes.
The Head of Division reports to the Head of Department and cooperates closely with the other divisions of the Directorate and with other Bank services involved in the definition of risk strategies and policies as well as in the analysis and implementation of relevant regulatory developments, notably with RM, ECON, FC and JU. S/he maintains external contacts with peers in other EU institutions, international organisations and financial counterparts.
- Develop and maintain a strong strategical framework to cover FI/SPBS/FPMA Division issues and their implications on FI activities. Give input for the development and maintenance of an overall Finance directorate strategy.
- Using and enabling skills and knowledge within the team propose, implement and maintain a comprehensive and consistent set of risk adjusted metrics to support FI strategic decision making and provide appropriate input to the Bank's fund transfer pricing system.
- Using and enabling skills and knowledge within the team provide with assistance the Head of the Department on regulatory developments and policy issues in relevant business areas. Ensure the implementation in FI processes of regulatory requirements adopted as Bank's BBP. Chair the FI Regulatory Committee (REGCOM).
- Coordinate FI contribution to policy initiatives and proposals for the ALCo; provide the Head of Department with analytic support on the financial dimensions of various proposals promoted by the Bank's services.
- Provide guidance, manage, motivate, develop and evaluate the staff of the Division, intervening whenever necessary in relevant execution processes in order to implement the formulated strategy and policies and deliver results.
- Ensure that team members of the Division have the right competencies and objectives in order to deliver results and implement corresponding performance management in the Division.
- Coach staff and ensure learning and knowledge sharing within the Division and be supportive of change and innovation.
- Supervise and, when necessary, redesign the activities for the Division.
- Ensure effective communication and internal co-operation within the Division, across FI and with other services in the Bank.
- Act as a key contributor in expert groups or in horizontal initiatives sharing knowledge, skills and best practices across the Bank
- Represent the Bank and develop relationships with other EU institutions, supranational organisations, financial counterparts in order stay abreast of best practices. Represent Division at the regular meetings of committees as well as in procedure/policy working groups.
- Advanced relevant university degree, preferably supplemented post-graduate studies or trainings.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in banking, financial institutions or international organisation. Experience in Treasury or capital markets, or experience in the setting up of new organisational units within an institution, would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing and coaching staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations (e.g. contribution to: determining team resources and skills; establishing objectives; assessing performance; delegating and supervising tasks; guiding, motivating, coaching and providing feedback).
- Solid knowledge of financial products and markets, from an operational and strategic point of view, with ability to structure, monitor and implement action plans.
- Expertise in capital market or banking regulations, for example through past experience either in developing new regulations, implementing them in regulated institutions or controlling their implementation.
- Broad knowledge of EIB objectives, strategies, policies and processes, with an ability to understand and anticipate its role within the EU policy framework (only for internal add).
- Fluent in English and/or French* and a good working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
EIB core competencies
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
EIB managerial competencies
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org, selecting Job ID 103808
We believe that diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Deadline for applications: 14th February 2017