Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
First Line of Defense Office
The APAC First Line of Defense (FLOD) Office is comprised of a multi-jurisdictional team that plays a key role within State Street's Risk Excellence program, and is responsible for advising and setting standards in best practices in risk compliance, establishing a robust internal control environment and promoting operational consistency within business groups and support functions, transformation efforts and implementation of initiatives that are aligned to the global First Line of Defense Program, across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
To ensure best practices and operational consistency, the FLOD Office will partner with business groups across the region including Global Services, Global Markets, Investment Manager and support functions, and other internal teams such as Compliance and Risk Management to lead change, and support the organisation's best in class risk management framework.
As a part of the APAC FLOD Office, the role of the Regional Implementation Manager is varied and will consist of contributing to or leading implementation initiatives associated with the First Line of Defense Program including Legal Entity Governance, Regulatory related activities, AML Governance, Education and Ongoing Monitoring activities, and development of best practices and consistency across the region.
While maintaining responsibility for the above, the role will also provide opportunities and exposure to a broad spectrum of significant regulatory initiatives such as executing on programs related but not limited to Conflicts of Interest, Volcker Rule and Privacy, and the driving of best practices across multiple businesses in the region.
- Lead and/or coordinate across appropriate business units implementation of activities in relation to regulatory or first line of defense initiatives and projectsDevelop as the APAC FLOD Office subject matter expert on a variety of initiatives and projects including creating a regional communication structure to expand and share knowledge across the region
- Project manage significant regulatory implementation efforts such as Conflicts of Interest, Volcker Rule Privacy and AML Transaction Monitoring and Screening as required
- Support manager in improving project management design and structure within the FLOD Office team
- Establish best practices including monitoring and evaluation of practices across the region
- Develop and implement standards, processes, procedures and templates to support the business in creation of best practices and change management
- Interact with various teams within the region including business groups, support functions, Compliance and Risk Management as required
- Lead and/or participate as a representative of the business in regional or global working groups, as applicable
- Produce, analyze and distribute project associated status reporting to management
- Periodically communicate and share FLOD Office related information and updates across business groups
- Facilitate training workshops across businesses within the region, where applicable
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven track record in a change management/program management
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes and controls
- Embraces State Street's "corporate values" and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to quickly and effectively absorb new concepts and business knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Possesses a focus on risk excellence, with proven risk evaluation, mitigation and management skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and other internal groups
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as be an effective team player and collaborator
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and has proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and create a unified vision
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances