The Bay Area boasts a laid back California style with big city energy and opportunities. Living in the Bay Area provides great weather combined with beautiful natural attractions such as beaches, redwoods, state parks, wine country and wildlife. We also offer great restaurants and a vibrant and varied food culture. It is culturally diverse and alive with music, art, theatre and literary events year round. The Bay Area is the kind of place where you can find exciting, big city living (Oakland/San Francisco) or go right up the road and enjoy a simpler and smaller community (Orinda/Lafayette) all within reach. Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center is nestled in the heart of the Bay Area with easy access to most major highways and public transportation.
TVHC offers a rich and competitive total compensation package. Our benefits package features 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits* with dependent care options, paid time off for a work/life balance, paid life, AD&D and LTD insurance, EAP, malpractice insurance and FTCA coverage, a pension/retirement plan with employer contribution, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, professional membership reimbursement and continuing medical education reimbursements. H-1B applicants welcome to apply! We also offer loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program .
TVHC is dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of our community by providing accessible, high quality care to our patients. Our individual and organizational commitment is to ensure this human right through quality service, advocacy and community empowerment. We offer a comprehensive suite of services including primary care, youth services, dental, WIC, community health education, family support services and behavioral and mental health services.
Our staff of professionals are competent, friendly, and patient centered. TVHC providers enjoy flexible schedules that provide for an excellent work/life balance. Not only do we care for the health and well-being of our patients -- but also our staff.
General Description As part of a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare providers under the leadership of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or designee, the Physician works to achieve organizational goals of Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center (TVHC), which is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), through the delivery of primary care services at a patient-centered environment. The Physician works in a collaborative effort across all departments to remove barriers for accessing healthcare. The Physician must incorporate health center policies (including quality assurance) into their clinical practice to provide quality care commensurate with training and licensure. This position also provides oversight of clinical support staff (i.e. Midlevel Practitioners, Medical Assistants and Nursing staff) and handles operational issues on the clinical floor to ensure continuity of services and a smooth patient flow. Delivers culturally sensitive appropriate care for an outpatient, primary care health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population. TVHC is NHSC approved site for loan repayment qualified providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct clinical care in accordance with highest applicable standards of medical practices, in full accordance with health center policies and protocols.
- Acts as primary consultant on all cases assigned to the clinician based on the medical specialty.
- Provides supervision in case management and procedures to NP, PA as needed including sign-off on charts, co-signatures for forms and prescriptions.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new clinical programs as needed. Also, works with new technologies for the improvement of patient services and clinical operations.
- Works in cooperation with scheduling and administration departments to ensure a final provider schedule is published in a timely manner, preferably three months in advance. Provides dates and times of potential conflicts within the timelines required of all staff in accordance with Personnel Policy and Procedures.
- Provides supervision of medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
- From time to time, provides in-service training for staff in selected topics within scope of practice of medicine as appropriate, and as deemed necessary by the CMO or his/her designee.
- Performs all duties for successful EHR/EPM including completion of medical records after each visit, completion of documentation, coding, and signing off charts within the designated time set by the organization.
- Assists in internal quality control audits, performs and maintains the standards of quality of care based on specialty and organizational standards.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by the organization.
- Demonstrates patterns of continued learning in order to ensure growth as a practitioner.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with the organizations Service Excellence Standards. Adheres to all canons of ethics including the organizations code of conduct for clinical providers.
- Provides other duties and responsibilities as requested and/or assigned, to ensure the ongoing success of the organization.
- Must be willing to travel to and from the service sites as needed by CMO or designee.