- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, applied statistics, or other relevant field that uses/teaches quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed-methods research.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate and thorough statistical analyses including both descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, clean, merge, and analyze data from diverse sources (e.g., log data from an LMS, questionnaire response data, student information system data, etc.) to assess learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical solutions for data analysis and reporting (e.g., R and RShiny).
- Have basic understanding of SQL database structures and database queries.
- Evidence of strong skills in using Microsoft Office (especially, Excel).
- Familiarity with web and computer-based questionnaire tools.
- Evidence of strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage projects effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with students, instructors, and administrative staff.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in psychology, education, applied statistics, or other relevant field that uses/teaches quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed-methods research.
- Demonstrated experience with cognitive learning theory in higher education.
- Extensive experience in social sciences research or assessment design including qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed-methods.
- Experience in researching, developing, administering, and analyzing questionnaires including an understanding of item-response theory and psychometric principles.
- Familiarity with IRB review procedures, FERPA, and ethics related to handling confidential student, faculty, and staff information.
- Experience creating data visualization and reports with Excel, MSWord, Adobe, R and RShiny.
- Experience facilitating focus groups and analyzing focus group data.
*Evidence of strong oral communication skills.
- Experience querying, using, and securing student academic, demographic, and financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of issues facing higher education.