Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Information Systems, works as a member of a team in the installation, upgrading, and maintenance of software systems, as well as installation and configuration of operating systems and system applications; does other related duties as required. Some examples of work include:
• Install, upgrade, secure, enhance and maintain (administer) servers running Microsoft operating systems.
• Administer new and/or existing software systems, from full implementation to support.
• Analyze requirements for new and/or upgraded software systems in order to determine best practices. Produce detailed evidence and documentation supporting such practices.
• Conduct analysis and testing of existing software systems to ensure stability, security and quality of service for end users.
• Consult with other technical staff in regard to large scale and/or complex problems requiring software and/or hardware technology solutions.
• Maintain underlying system architecture which is necessary for existing software systems.
• Consult, train and support end users with regards to new and/or existing software systems.
• Maintain current working knowledge of software systems, technologies and trends related to current software systems and higher education.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Information Systems.
Regular Full-time / Work Hours: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field along with one year of professional level experience in monitoring and maintaining Windows Server operating systems and infrastructure applications. Working knowledge of IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Dynamics CRM is preferred. **Applicants who do not have the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis. A Master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of required experience.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) A curriculum vitae
3.) Three letters of recommendation/reference
• All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
• Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
• In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
• Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
• Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.