Nickerson Animal Health Center, located in Benton Harbor, MI is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice (Up to $10,000 sign-on/retention bonus)!
Nickerson Animal Health Center is located in Benton Harbor, Michigan - within ten miles of the most beautiful clean beaches of Lake Michigan. Nickerson Animal Health Center is an AAHA accredited practice and provides high-quality veterinary primary care, dental care, referral services, and limited emergency services during office hours for a population of approximately 156,000 in Berrien County.
More information at www.nahc-vet.com
About the Hospital:
- Established in 1878.
- Modern equipment, state of the art procedures, and a personal touch with three exam rooms.
- General examination and treatment of dogs, cats, pocket pets, rabbits, etc.
- In-house, immediate results for primary blood tests.
- Extensive referral laboratory testing.
- A variety of soft tissue surgeries and select orthopedic surgeries.
- Laser surgery that reduces pain, swelling, and hemorrhaging and promotes quicker healing and recovery
- Advanced dentistry including dental radiology (x-ray) technology and high speed, state of the art dental equipment. Our doctors evaluate your pet's oral hygiene and perform the medical treatments.
- Digital radiography means faster results, wireless review of the images within the practice, and copies that can be emailed to specialists or produced for owners to take home.
- Microchips can be inserted under the skin to permanently identify a pet. Our microchips are accepted for international travel.
- We monitor our anesthetized patient's blood pressure, heart rate and blood oxygen levels.
- We use a variety of analgesics to hasten recovery and increase comfort levels.
- We offer intrastate, interstate, and international health certificates.
- We supply high quality foods for healthy pets and prescription foods for a variety of medical conditions.
About Berrien County:
When you’re done with a day at the beach Lake Michigan shore wine country has 15 different wineries to experience and enjoy dinner overlooking the vineyards. Benton Harbor is also home to Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s largest manufacturer of major home appliances. Outdoor recreational opportunities in Berrien County include fishing, boating, or any other water activity on one of our 62 lakes, or choose to take a kayak or canoe down one of our rivers, go camping or play a game of golf at Harbor Shores home of the PGA championship, or take a walk and enjoy a local farm market filled with fresh, home grown local produce. In the winter you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities like snowmobiling, downhill skiing, ice fishing and hunting. Benton Harbor is home to Lake Michigan College a two-year community college that also has a partnership with Siena Heights University and Western Michigan University with access to over 20 bachelor and master degree programs. Berrien County is well represented with churches, social organizations, shopping areas, restaurants, etc. The cost of living in southwest Michigan is lower than the US average which means your dollars will go farther. These are a few of the reasons why we are happy to live and practice in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of MI.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.