TITLE: Coordinator, Patient Communication Center
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Educational Programs and Outreach
JOB LOCATION: Chicago, IL
The Patient Communication Center (PCC) is a dedicated call center that provides pulmonary fibrosis (PF) patients, caregivers, and health care providers the most up-to-date medical information, communicates the availability of internal and external support services, and provides information about other essential resources. The role of Coordinator, PCC has the primary responsibility of serving as the point of contact for inquiries by phone and email to the Patient Communication Center.
In addition, the Coordinator, PCC supports the administration of other patient and caregiver-focused programs, including the PFF Disease Awareness Webinar Series and the Leanne Storch Support Group Fund.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: As the Foundation’s Coordinator, Patient Communication Center, you will have all the responsibilities and authority customarily attendant to such a position including, but not limited to, the following:
- Respond to all communications within the PCC in a clear, empathetic, and timely manner following established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Properly assess the needs related to these communications, access appropriate information, and make recommendations for additional relevant information and resources
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of pulmonary fibrosis
- Build the library of national and local resources important to PF community
- Maintain the educational material inventory
- Manage the distribution process for all educational and programs’ promotional materials including, but not limited to:
- Mail Patient Information Packets to individuals
- Ship bulk order materials to CCN sites, PF support groups, pulmonary clinics and rehab programs, educational events, and other professional conferences
- Track packages through USPS and UPS and manage reporting to finance
- Manage all data collection for PCC and generate reports as assigned.
- Monitor online support groups and post regular updates from the PFF
- Lead quality improvement efforts for the PCC through surveying, callbacks, and follow-ups with all inquirers
PFF DISEASE AWARENESS WEBINAR SERIES
- Administer the monthly webinar series broadcasts and maintain online archive
- Monitor registrations and questions for monthly webinar series
- Develop and maintain promotional plan for webinars
- Edit webinar file post-broadcast and update website
- Facilitate evaluation process and manage all data collection to generate quarterly reports
- Ensure all patient information packet requests are fulfilled and all submitted questions are answered via the PCC
LEANNE STORCH SUPPORT GROUP FUND (LSSGF): The Leanne Storch Support Group Fund enhances the PFF Support Group Leader Network by providing funding to assist the leaders in meeting the objectives of their local groups.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the LSSGF application review committee
- Update the LSSGF application and review process yearly
- Administer grant program which includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheduling and facilitating committee meetings
- Stewardship of grantees
- Managing the process of approval and distribution of funds
- Maintain files for program
Beyond these specific duties, the Coordinator will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Manager, Educational Programs and Outreach and other Programs staff to carry out the mission and objectives of the Foundation as approved by the Board of Directors
- Maintain positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the rules and regulations per the PFF personnel handbook
- Work well as a team member with positive and timely written and verbal communication, including sharing information up, down and laterally
- Perform all other duties as assigned
TRAVEL: Periodic travel to support groups, conferences, events, and fundraisers as required.