The Shipley School is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws which prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, and sexual orientation.
This person will support the Head’s daily operation of the School, short and long-term goals, and institutional programs and projects. Understanding and promoting the standards and policies of the School and abiding by the school, mission and NAIS Principles of Good Practice are essential to this position.
Support the Head of School
- Manages Head’s daily calendar and appointments/events and role in division and all-school events (including school opening, closing, and commencement)
- Maintains personnel files, Board files, and Head/school memberships, accreditation, and association files
- Coordinates daily correspondence involving dictation, record keeping, mailings
- Prepares, culls, mails, and maintains employment contracts and letters of appointment for all colleagues (faculty and staff)
- Assists coordination of searches for administrators
- Acquires and maintains notary status
Support the Board of Trustees
- Supports the School’s Board of Trustees and Executive Committee and standing committees; primary administrative contact for Trustees
- Helps to schedule meetings with Board Leadership
- Attends Executive Committee and Full Board meetings and records and maintains minutes for Executive Committee and full Board meetings.
- Maintains and updates Board membership
- Assists in maintenance of trustee portal
- Assists committee chairs with scheduling, mailings, copying
- Makes arrangements for Board retreats working closely with outside facilitators
- Makes arrangements for Trustee visiting day(s)
- Other duties as assigned
Support the Central Administrative Team
- Member of the Central Administrative Team
- Schedules, coordinates, and attends meetings and records and maintains minutes
- Assist team as required
Chair the Calendar Committee
- Lead the committee and ensure that the school calendar is accurate and effective.
- Responsible for identifying conflicts and working with committee for rectifying issues
Manage School Receptionists
- Supervises main office and division receptionists.
- Responsible for annual review of receptionist in conjunction with Division Head
- Establishes all school standards and expectations and provide mentoring and professional development to support receptionists