| Position available: May 1, 2017 (start date is flexible) |
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position type: Full-Time/Exempt
This new position will support the mission of SAIS through managing an array of programs for independent school leaders and staff. This individual is responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the content of professional development programs, which facilitate achievement of the association’s goals.
- Plans, directs, and supervises the content of all professional development offerings and activities, including but not limited to workshops, conferences, webinars, surveys, listservs, videos, and mentor programs.
- Researches and vets potential speakers. Works with and coaches speakers in advance to ensure success. Collects, reviews, and manages speaker handouts and other resource materials.
- Develops and manages the speaker and travel budget for professional development opportunities. Negotiates speaker fees and travel stipends.
- Oversees the evaluation process for all professional development initiatives and prepares the necessary follow-up communications.
- Assesses the overall success of each professional development opportunity, studies follow-up evaluations, prepares related reports, and recommends content and other improvements.
- Serves as support, resource, and guide for the Professional Development Committee.
- Serves as a resource to member schools in identifying and accessing professional literature, training materials, and learning opportunities.
- Monitors and manages the listservs, contributing content and resources both proactively and reactively.
- Stays abreast of appropriate literature, trends, and research in the field of adult professional development, instructional best practices, and organizational development. Stays aware of programs offered by related organizations and potential opportunities to collaborate.
- Assists with promotion and marketing of events to communicate the value of SAIS professional development programs, build enthusiasm, and encourage attendance by:
- Writing program descriptions that are both informative and compelling.
- Gathering speaker info for use on website and in other marketing materials.
- Identifying target audiences for each program.
- Helping with annual events and marketing calendar.
- Assisting with sponsorship outreach.
- Oversees the implementation of the SAIS Value Narrative Survey, working with schools to register and deploy, generating survey reports, assisting schools with interpretation of information, and identifying trends in the datasets.
- Other duties as assigned.