This position will be based in Miami, Florida. Our mission is simple: as a world-class business school, Babson College shapes entrepreneurs of all kinds who create great economic and social value everywhere.
Being named the #1 College in America by Money magazine and ranked #1 for entrepreneurship an unprecedented 22 years in a row by U.S. News & World Report, Babson College is a rewarding, challenging, and constantly invigorating workplace—an exciting launch pad for people who want to make a real impact in the world of education.
The Advancement Division at Babson College is in the process of starting a comprehensive capital campaign and it's a great time to join our team of over sixty staff members.
As a fundraiser for Babson College and the Advancement Division, the Regional Advancement Officer manages the territory development, individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective donors, primarily based in South Florida/Latin America rated at the $100,000 and above level.
• Based at Babson's campus in Miami, FL, manages the College's relationship with approximately 200+ region-based individuals who are capable of making gifts of $100,000 and above.
• In collaboration with the Events Management and Alumni and Friends offices, develops territories within region among parents, alumni and friends of the College that promote philanthropic outcomes. Develops, recommends, and implements appropriate strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these individuals; consults with Development colleagues, administrators, faculty, trustees, and other volunteers as appropriate.
• Conducts an average minimum of 18 face-to-face meetings per month.
• Identifies and solicits 25-30 key prospects bi-annually.
• Staffs College leadership for events, visits, and solicitations within region.
• Prepares proposals for gift solicitations.
• Oversees all gift activities in assigned geographic region(s).
• Prepares written briefings for senior management and faculty visits with donor and prospective donors, as well as follow-up documentation and correspondence.
• Works cooperatively with other staff in expanding the pool of volunteers and prospective donors and in coordinating solicitation strategies and campaign activities.
• Build out volunteer network in regions as assigned.
• Travels to Boston campus minimum two times, annually.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.