The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Development Associate, West Coast.
Two identical positions are available. This position is located in Brown's San Francisco office.
This position will provide an advanced level of direct administrative support to two or more directors/assistant directors in the San Francisco office. This position will handle administrative duties for the directors, which include but are not limited to, meeting/travel arrangements (including travel expense reimbursement), gift/pledge recording accuracy, high level correspondence and briefings, proposal pipeline maintenance, filing, research, event support, as well as technical and logistical support to the directors. This position is also responsible for most information technology tasks and functions in support of the directors. This position is based in Brownâ??s satellite office in San Francisco and will work cooperatively with other development associates and fundraising staff within Brownâ??s Division of Advancement. This position will share receptionist and other office related support duties with the other development associate in the San Francisco office.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and two years of relevant experience (development, sales, customer relations and administrative), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher-education, fundraising, or non-profit setting highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, given the nature of the satellite office.
- Strong project/time management skills preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have an ability to handle and complete multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, FileMaker Pro databases. Use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Knowledge of Blackbaud preferred.
- Must have a degree of computer proficiency and Information Management Skills to carry out the major responsibilities of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-23-08:00
Job Posting Title:Development Associate, West Coast
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.