Customer Experience Service Specialist
Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Customer Experience Service Specialist.
The Customer Experience Service Specialist acts as a liaison between Brown's IT department, Computing & Information Services (CIS), and the Brown community. The position gathers feedback about our services in settings such as user group meetings, focus groups, and usability tests. With an understanding of customer needs and satisfaction, the position then coordinates with CIS staff who deliver and support services, suggesting changes that will improve customer satisfaction. In addition, the position coordinates campus outreach to increase awareness about CIS services.
The Service Specialist will manage customer relations and assess service satisfaction by using tools such as surveys, focus groups, and usability tests, evaluate awareness, satisfaction, and usability of technical services in the Brown community. Assist with developing relationships with University stakeholders of CIS services to become a channel for suggestions and issues. Introduce customer experience best practices to CIS staff and service owners. Analyze customer feedback and data sources like tickets to determine issues and pain points of CIS services. Keep communications staff aware of who is using our services, how they are being used, and whether there are gaps in awareness we can address with communications and marketing and maintain a relationship with SEAS (Student and Employee Accessibility Services) to understand how our services function for members of the community with disabilities.
The Service Specialist will also facilitate the creation and continuous improvement of services by managing a repository of recommended service improvements, working with supervisor and CIS leadership to set priorities, acting as a customer advocate, seeing service issues and feature requests to resolution, meeting with CIS service owners to make recommendations for service roadmaps based on customer needs and feedback and staying aware of new services and updates. The Specialist will also conduct reviews of CISâ?? website and services and coordinate outreach and assist with special projects.
- Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 2 â?? 4 years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle delicate situations with tact.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with customers.
- Ability to develop a high-level understanding of technical systems and services.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate across teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Google Suite (especially Gmail, Drive).
- Preferred: An understanding of customer experience and user experience best practices.
- Preferred: An understanding of the unique situations, dependencies, needs, and priorities in a higher education environment.
- Preferred: Experience creating technical documentation.
- Some proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign) and familiarity with ITIL concepts are a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-26-08:00
Job Posting Title:Customer Experience Service Specialist
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.