The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director, Brown University Sports Foundation Parents.
The Associate Director reports to the Director of BUSF and is tasked with developing, implementing, and leading fundraising and philanthropic education efforts focused on increasing the number of Athletics Parents leadership-level gifts. Parentsâ?? leadership level gifts are defined as donations at the $5,000 - $50,000 level. The incumbent works closely with the Director and acts in his/her stead when the Director is not available; he/she carries a portfolio of 30+ leadership level Athletics Parents prospects. The incumbent works with the Director to lead the broad-based annual use fundraising from Athletics parents in an effort to achieve fundraising goals.
A further primary responsibility of the Associate Director is to manage the Parents Athletic Leadership Council of volunteers charged with soliciting Brown Athletics Annual Fund gifts of $1,500 - $9,999. The Associate Director is an important member of the BUSF team, serving as the program expert for solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation strategies for Athletics parentsâ?? annual fundraising program.
The secondary responsibility of the Associate Director is to work with the Athletic Department leaders and Advancement teams, to design, develop, and implement strategic stewardship events for leadership level Athletics donors. He/she oversees and manages high-level stewardship programming for all Athletics leadership donors within the BUSF. The incumbent will be tasked with building and growing the Loyal Bears recognition society to further cultivate renewed support, loyalty and donor retention for the BUSF.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required, plus 5 - 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. One or more years of volunteer management required; if no direct fundraising experience, then incumbent must demonstrate transferable experience from another field (e.g., sales, marketing or customer service/public relations). Previous experience working in a University setting preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills; must be able to communicate with a varied University constituency.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, management, and motivational skills; must be a â??self-starterâ??, and have the work ethic and desire to be entrepreneurial and must be able to work independently.
- Background in designing, coordinating, and implementing special events.
- Programmatic design and management experience strongly preferred.
- Creativity, flexibility, and superior problem-solving skills desired.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and web-based software required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-19-08:00
Job Posting Title:Associate Director, Brown University Sports Foundation Parents
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.