JOB SUMMARY: Serves as resource and manager, who formulates plans, directs unit readiness activities, evaluates operational capabilities and integrates all Department of Public Safety functions. Oversees the complete operations of all assigned pavilions. Manage all operations affecting Security Supervisors, Security Officers, Registry Peace Officers, Access Control, Locksmiths, Emergency Medical Services, Waste Management, General Services, Parking Services, Investigations, and Training.
1. High School Diploma/GED, Four years College Preferred (or equivalent experience), Valid Drivers License
2. (4) Years in a Security-related Field, hospital experience preferred
3. (4) Four Years Supervisory Experience, hospital experience preferred. Experience with budgets, training and scheduling
4. Access Control, CCTV, PC, General Office Equipment
1. Communication Skills:Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, P.C., Typing, Word Proc.
3. Advanced Education: Bachelors Degree Major: Related field, significant experience is a satisfactory substitute
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime, Travel, On Call
5. Other Requirements: Knowledge of Microsoft office
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.