- Knowledgeable in database and survey research methods; as well as, in conducting qualitative research and analysis.
- Expertise in writing and validating SAS programs
- Advanced technical writing and oral and written communication skills.
- Requires excellent planning ability and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to work with different organizations including health plans, government agencies, providers etc.
- 5-7 years of experience conducting health services research projects; healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience with the design and execution of quantitative research projects, especially with respect to conducting secondary database and/or survey-based research projects.
- Experience with the design and implementation of qualitative research projects, especially with respect to conducting structured-interview based projects.
- Experience with the writing and validation of SAS programs, as well as, the interpretation of outputs.
- Masters degree in quantitative discipline (health services research, statistics, health economics); Doctoral degree preferred.
Certification Requirements: None
Physical Work Activities & Conditions:
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50 % of the workday.
Percent of Travel:
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a protected veteran
Interested candidates must send resume, references and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
ATTN: HR Dept/CPRDDR
601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
South Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004