- MBA or equivalent degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience working with physicians, professional associations, or managed care organizations. Clinical background is a plus.
- Specific demonstrated ability to relate to students and build trust.
- Demonstrated leadership with this segment; knowledge of respective physician segment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and knowledge of customer relationship management concepts; strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and performance objectives.
- Experience with marketing "engagement" and distribution disciplines.
- Knowledge of the AMA organization; knowledge of the dynamics of the AMA Council and/or Section relevant to the segment and the dynamics of AMA policy making.
- Demonstrated success in leading sales teams.
- Knowledge and operational understanding of AMA’s strategic focus areas; knowledge and operational understanding AMA’s physician-oriented businesses.
- Knowledge of (Experience with) tools related to digital interface and use of social media.
Specific skills and abilities:
- Sales planning, prospecting, qualifying, and closing skills. Ability to teach these disciplines to others.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and AMA SMG members.
- Ability to support, coach and empower elected leaders for the relevant section/special group for this segment.
- Ability to work in a seamless and highly collaborative manner with cross-segment specialists in the Physician Engagement unit.
- Ability to relate to political and/or business leaders and influencers.
- Possess an abiding curiosity and a bias toward investing time "in the field" interacting and learning from physicians.
- Ability to develop and execute metric driven operational plans.
- Ability to acquire, develop and retain talent.
- Ability to cultivate team skills around analysis of data, observations and other market intelligence to synthesize and define unmet market needs.
- Ability to translate unmet market needs into service/ product concepts and to collaborate with subject matter experts on the concepts.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply to https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=382&source=NPO. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION