Under the direction of the Dean, provides vision and leadership for the development and engagement of community partnerships including academic nursing practices; provides oversight, maintenance, and strategic planning for the CON - East Central Regional Hospital (ECRH) partnership; maximize allocation and use of financial and human resources to promote the CON’s brand, projects, and partnerships. The position is part of the CON Administrative Team and reports directly to the Dean.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Maximizes allocation and use of financial and human resources for community partnerships.
- Manages the daily and fiscal operations of the community partnership unit.
- Coordinates allocation and monitors use of resources.
- Advises the Dean on financial and human resources related matters.
- Develops, implements, and analyzes/evaluates community partnership for the CON.
- Designs systems to support entrepreneurial development and engagement for community partnerships including academic nursing practices and ECRH.
- Develops, maintains, and refines processes, policies and standard operating procedures related to the community partnerships and ECRH.
- Develops and implements continuous quality improvement processes.
- Advises the Dean and members of the CON Leadership on matters related to community partnerships.
- Represents the CON in community health development efforts.
- Collaborates, as a leader and member of the CON Administrative Team, to develop innovative strategies that support the mission of the CON, GRU, and the University System of Georgia.
- Provides visionary leadership and translates that vision into measurable strategies and concrete actions that advance the CON in the University and globally.
- Develops and maintain professional relationships and serves as a spokesperson for the College for purposes of expanding partnerships and visibility.
- Contributes to the Strategic Planning process for the CON.
- Develops a transparent infrastructure to support faculty practice.
- Represents the CON on campus and system committees.
- Generates revenue for the CON.
- Collaborates in formulating strategies to market CON academic nursing products.
- Obtains funding and support for academic nursing practice initiatives by developing contracted services for Enterprise and community-based programs.
- Promotes cooperative and collaborative practice arrangements with other GRU colleges, clinical agencies, universities, and private industry.
- Serves as the CON liaison to other GRU entities engaged in practice and related activities.
- Supervises staff and manages assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides direct supervision for the staff of the Community Partnership unit.
- Manages staff assigned to specific initiatives related to community partnerships.
- Maintains own program of scholarship, teaching, research and/or practice.
- Earned doctorate in business-related field or in nursing with eligibility for Georgia Registered licensure with experience in health administration.
- Proven experience in creating, maintaining, and analyzing operational systems that lead to desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated success as a transformational leader.
- Leadership, management, and entrepreneurial experience in health care delivery systems that is applicable to community-based and hospital based settings.
- Demonstrated competencies in senior level administrative duties to include personnel and budget management.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the skills and experience to represent the college effectively in the environment of a complex academic health center.
- Demonstrated success with college/university level or upper-level organizational policy development and administration.
- Ability to function effectively as an integral part of the cohesive College of Nursing leadership team.
- Successful history of leading projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
How to Apply
Candidate materials should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
On behalf of the Search Committee Chair, applications will be received electronically by:
Sharon R. Wingard
Executive Search Consultant
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.