- Work with the CEO to manage creative and effective private foundations, corporations and government agencies for YouthBuild USA’s strategic priorities and long-term impact. Work with senior managers to develop a fundraising strategy to deepen existing funding partnerships and start new ones, to sustain and expand current levels of funding, researching and providing follow up for new opportunities.
- Write and edit superb proposals and reports and ensure that all grant reporting is detailed, accurate and timely
- Supervise the Associate Director for Development and ensure that all follow-up systems are strong. Ensure that all fundraising protocols and systems are being followed across the organization.
- Create a robust and exciting system of engagement and thanks for all private grantors.
- Oversee or participate in the planning of a variety of events that will build excitement and loyalty among funders and donors.
- Oversee existing and develop appropriate new strategies for managing data, communications, and systems related to foundations and corporations. Work with the Director for Communications and the communications team and with the Director for Individual Giving to plan, develop, design, and produce YouthBuild USA’s communications for donors and funders, especially newsletters, annual reports, and solicitations
Required Qualifications, Skills and Qualities:
- At least seven years of outstandingly successful and proven experience in private fundraising from a significant number of foundations and corporations, and government agencies
- Excellent relationship building and partnership development skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to represent the YBUSA independently to potential funders and make compelling asks.
- Competence with fundraising software and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with prospect research tools.
- Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with optimism and persistence. Well organized, detail oriented, hard-working, flexible, and capable of multi-tasking
- Experience managing contact management systems and budgets
- Experience working with heads of organizations and with Senior Management Teams and external consultants
- Has a strong track record of developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Able to build and support teamwork and professional development of supervisees
- Experience working successfully in a multi-cultural, non-profit environment
- Creative, imaginative, kind, caring, trustworthy, with a collegial working style, and an abiding commitment to social justice
- Masters Degree
- Fundraising event management experience
- Major donor cultivation and solicitation
- Experience with media
Immediate Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Associate Director, Development
Reporting: The Director for Development will report to the CEO of YouthBuild USA.
The role will also provide support to the President of YouthBuild International and the CEO of YouthBuild USA, Inc. YouthBuild USA and YouthBuild International operate as divisions of YouthBuild USA, Inc.
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to: https://youthbuild-usa.workable.com/jobs/388398