Requisition ID: req1339
Job Title: Specialist- Center for Advising, Support & Exploration
Department: Ctr for Advising Support & Exp
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Board Approved
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm, occasional evenings and Saturdays required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1. Assists with Center for Advising, Support & Exploration frontline operations and meets general advising needs for students. Provides front desk coverage, answers phones, facilitates student intake and screening, and greets students.
2. Assists with maintaining professional appearance of the Center for Advising, Support & Exploration front desk and lobby area.
3. Answers general advising and transfer related questions in person, via email and over the phone. Answers general student inquiries and refers directly to appropriate campus resources.
4. Provides prerequisite authorizations and other permissions for student registration. Provides advising on department and campus processes.
5. Provides support to academic advisors assisting students with academic planning.
6. Assists in special projects and other duties assigned by the coordinator, supervisor, assistant director, and director.
7. Provides general advising needs by participating in orientation and introductory student activities including New Student Workshops and BLUEprint workshop series.
8. Assists with OnBase (document management) process and input of documents.
9. Keeps accurate records. Reviews and verifies applications, transcripts and other documents.
10. Maintains confidentiality of student files and other sensitive subject matter. Collects and maintains student contact for reporting purposes.
11. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance. Works additional time and adjusts schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen.
Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: standard practices within area of specialization. Skill in: servicing of customers within area of specialization; performing administrative duties in support of specialized function; application of job related computer software; operation of job-related equipment including computer and other equipment. Ability to: develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, students, general public, and other job contacts; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
High School Diploma or GED with at least three years progressively responsible clerical experience in the area of the assigned specialized function. Employee typically gains the necessary level of expertise by demonstrating job competency acquired through on-the-job training, development, and experience with Columbus State. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Additional Information: Applications must include both a resume and cover letter in order to be considered.