NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Residency/Fellowship Program Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a broad range of support on projects or program related planning functions. The candidate will be responsible for providing moderate data analysis and other research-related activities, use judgment and discretion to interpret and analyze data for reporting purposes and plan and coordinate seminars and project milestones as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Makes and provides clerical support to the department/unit (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, data entry, sorts and distributes mail, ect.) and other related duties as needed. May order office supplies. Meets and greets clients. Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Maintains office filing and storage systems by sorting, recording and filing written material in alphabetical, numerical, or subject order as needed.
- Retrieves material from files upon request and keeps records of the movement of file materials. Opens, sorts, routes and distributes mail to the appropriate party. Screen mail to determine which letters can be answered independently.
- Maintains routine calendar, schedules appointments, assist in preparing for conferences (checking the logistics and technical support, order and set up food, etc.) and other related duties. Assists and coordinates special events planning.
- Prepares and proofreads memos, reports and applications. Independently prepares responses to routine correspondence. Develops documents for presentation or meeting.
- Assists in the preparation of the departments budget report, completes petty cash vouchers and obtains necessary signatures, obtains petty cash, prepares payments and check requests for payments to vendors as needed. May provide messenger services for the Department.
- Prepares and review documents independently. Coordinates/communicates project activities with concerned parties. Receives, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data. Compiles and prepares reports based on information readily available, verify, interprets and analyses information, determines report format, identifies discrepancies and make corrections. Researches problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information and summarizes data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Uses judgment to provides project/program support while prioritizing own work to a supervisor, department, or organizational unit in the preparation, analyses and delivering of project relevant materials that includes but is not limited to: tracks, organizes and maintains data collected, conducts researches, analyses, interprets and reports the final findings. Assists with project and event planning and implementation, manages the logistics of and coordinates content development for meetings, conferences, and other project-related events.
- Assists with the design and development of project products and reports. coordinates and monitors project budgets, coordinates proposal development and managing the proposal process, assists with project data collection activities such as surveys to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the workflow and ensure customer satisfaction.
- May supervise and guide the work of other staff such as the work of the project assistant.
- To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree.
- Minimum of 1 Year of related experience in an office setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective Oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power point and Access.
- Ability to develop basic formulae for spreadsheets and set up routine computer procedures.
- Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise 1st draft.
- Ability to type at a speed of at least 45 net words per minutes.
- Knowledge of standard office practices.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to details.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as copy machines, multi-line telephones, fax machines.
- Associate's Degree in a related field with 2 to 3 years of related experience in an office setting is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.