NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
The Lean Management Project Coordinator will help develop and maintain the overall support infrastructure for the Lean Management initiative. This will include managing logistics for Lean activities/events, development and maintenance of data gathering and reporting mechanisms, and managing communications related to the initiative. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Operations and Reportingor the Assistant Director of Workspace Planning and Design of the Lean Management Office (LMO).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organization's Values and incorporate them into the performance of duties
- Manage logistics for Lean events
- Create and update electronic process maps, action plans, etc.
- Assist with pre-event activities: schedule and conduct interviews and observations as needed, provide templates to team leaders, gather materials and supply kits, coordinate ordering, delivery and installation of materials for space planning and design events, take photographs, arrange catering, and other duties as assigned
- Assist with post-event activities: develop presentations, schedule follow-up meetings with team members, assist with data collection, and other duties as assigned
- Assist Black Belts during events as needed: facilitate small groups, take meeting notes, coordinate catering deliveries, and other duties as assigned
- Develop and design posters and signage resulting from events and coordinate printing through the Print Shop
- Ensure timely and thorough communications to all event participants
- Lean Management Office infrastructure
- Coordinate gathering of Lean event results from Black Belts and/or teams
- Assist the Director, Black Belts in creating standard performance reports for executive leadership team and medical center community
- Upload all event documents to maintain central electronic housing for all LMO documents and information
- Participate in departmental annual goal setting process and support the implementation of annual goals
- Implement and execute fundamentals of quality improvement within office structure to ensure measurable deliverables and outcomes for Lean activities
- Serve as a resource to the community for information regarding Lean program and its practices; work with Corporate Communications on Lean communiqués
- Represent LMO as required during interdepartmental meetings, serve as liaison with other internal and external departments and organizations
- Prepare materials for internal Black/Green Belt training sessions
- Work with Black Belts to coordinate Exec Steering Committee agenda, including RIE team presentations. Prepare materials for monthly ESC meetings
- Assist with development and implementation of training programs for the medical center community
- Develop and maintain Lean training manuals compiled from Lean workshops and all- day Black Belt training events
- Participate in benchmarking studies and other research re: Lean management practices
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 5 years of progressively responsible project coordination. Prior experience in administrative functions
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills. Excellent computer skills across an array of programs and platforms
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of employees, including senior executives. Ability to self-start and work independently
- Ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other programs to support their work
- 1-2 years experience with Quality Improvement efforts
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S and/or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration, Production/Engineering, Design, or similar fields
Knowledge and Skills:
- Results-based style and skill set
- Planning: scopes out length/difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; develops schedules; anticipates/adjusts for problems; measures results against goals
- Organized and analytical, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to arrange tasks into efficient work flow; gets more out of fewer resources
- Can design practices, processes, and procedures; can make things work through others
- Knows how medical centers work; knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization
- Can deal comfortably with senior executives; builds constructive, effective relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Is committed to continuous improvement; leverages technology to positively impact quality; creates a learning environment
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; acts with customers in mind
- Progressive, flexible and team-oriented person
Business Office Setting.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.