The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem Physical Therapist in the RUSK HJD Physical Therapy Department. To qualify a Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy is required. Masters Degree required for all new graduates. Masters or DPT preferred. New York State Physical Therapy License or Temporary Permit as a Physical Therapist is required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Position requires the ability to lift, push, pull or move patients without the use of assistive devices.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating physical therapy needs and implements comprehensive, medically prescribed physical therapy treatment to assigned patients in a areas of Acute Med Surge, Acute Inpatient Rehab, and Pediatrics. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates continued proficiency in skills required to treat assigned patient population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures.
- Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional educational endeavors.
- Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement.
- Implements Treatment Plans and Protocol according to current professional and health system standards.
- Initial Assessment and Evaluation of Physical Therapy needs for specifically assigned patient populations.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.