NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Space Planner [Lutheran Campus].
Reporting to the Director of Campus Planning, the Space Planner is responsible for the definition, analysis, concept development, and production of planning and pre'?design studies that meet a broad range of Medical Center objectives, centered primarily on the NYU Lutheran Campus in Brooklyn and related facilities in geographic proximity.
The Space Planner is responsible for conducting periodic surveys of space utilization; managing space requests; managing the faculty and physician recruitment process with the strategic master plans for the Lutheran campus and related sites; coordinating the campus-based master plans with the strategic master plan for NYU Langone Health Systems; identifying and documenting the functional, space, regulatory and infrastructure requirements for planning and pre'?design studies, and prepares conceptual diagrams, floor plans and other exhibits for client presentations, internal reviews and decision making. She/he identifies and organizes quantitative information to develop functional program documents that include information about potential occupants, space requirements, and other areas for planning studies. Utilizing this information, she/ he produces space planning options, stacking diagrams and scenarios in graphic formats that are conducive to professional analysis and presentation to University clients.
In addition to planning for potential capital projects, the Space Planner is responsible for generating graphic documents for a broad range of campus'?wide planning initiatives and studies, reports, surveys, as well as analyzing and formatting space database information for use in planning studies and reports. The Space Planner should be familiar with industry standards and best practices and be capable of applying them to planning standards and guidelines appropriate to the institution. Working with the Senior Program Directors for capital projects, the NYU Lutheran community and the Space Planning and Management team, the Space Planner is responsible for prioritizing and managing planning studies under their direction. She/he is responsible for communicating directly with the medical center's clients, personnel, and consultants on the status, production, and content of planning studies as required in the course of their duties.
- A Bachelor's Degree required in Architecture, Planning, Facilities Management, Interiors, or similar and a minimum of ten years' experience in space planning, architecture, facilities management, real estate, or space information management are required.
- Specialization in general campus planning and a minimum of one of the following types of facilities: healthcare, education, administrative, or research.
- A high degree of competency is required in CAD and graphics software packages, including Integrated Workplace Information Management (IWMS) or Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems such as Planon or Archibus, as well as database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Highly organized and motivated, and capable of working on several initiatives simultaneously.
- Knowledge of commercial office furniture systems and standards, and experience with 3D modeling software for conceptual planning and pre'?design studies is highly desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and creative vision are required.
- Ability to work with a broad range of institution clients and develop positive client relations is required.
- Ability to partner closely with colleagues in a collaborative team environment, and have a proactive approach to the definition and production of work products is essential.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.