NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Associate within the NYUMC In House Temp Program.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a broad range of support on projects or program related planning functions; providing moderate data analysis and other research-related activities; using judgment and discretion to interpret and analyze data for reporting purposes; planning and coordinating seminars, project milestones, as needed; and working under general supervision.
- Moderate Project Support - Uses judgment to provides project/program support while prioritizing own work to a supervisor, department, or organizational unit in the preparation, analyses and delivering of project relevant materials that includes but is not limited to: tracks, organizes and maintains data collected, conducts researches, analyses, interprets and reports the final findings. Assists with project and event planning and implementation, manages the logistics of and coordinates content development for meetings, conferences, and other project-related events; assists with the design and development of project products and reports; coordinates and monitors project budgets; coordinates proposal development and managing the proposal process; assists with project data collection activities such as surveys to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the workflow and ensure customer satisfaction. May supervise and guide the work of other staff such as the work of the project assistant.
- Reports - Prepares and review documents independently. Coordinates/communicates project activities with concerned parties. Receives, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data. Compiles and prepares reports based on information readily available, verify, interprets and analyses information, determines report format, identifies discrepancies and make corrections. Researches problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information and summarizes data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Moderately Complex Clerical Functions - Assists in the preparation of the departments budget report, completes petty cash vouchers and obtains necessary signatures, obtains petty cash, prepares payments and check requests for payments to vendors as needed. May provide messenger services for the Department.
- Word Processing/Typing - Prepares and proofreads memos, reports and applications. Independently prepares responses to routine correspondence. Develops documents for presentation or meeting.
- Scheduling and Coordinating - Maintains routine calendar, schedules appointments, assist in preparing for conferences (checking the logistics and technical support, order and set up food, etc.) and other related duties. Assists and coordinates special events planning.
- Filing and Mail Distribution - Maintains office filing and storage systems by sorting, recording and filing written material in alphabetical, numerical, or subject order as needed. Retrieves material from files upon request and keeps records of the movement of file materials. Opens, sorts, routes and distributes mail to the appropriate party. Screen mail to determine which letters can be answered independently.
- Clerical Support - Makes and provides clerical support to the department/unit (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, data entry, sorts and distributes mail, ect.) and other related duties as needed. May order office supplies. Meets and greets clients; Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Performs and participates in other job related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree and a minimum of 1 year of related experience in an office setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Associate's degree in a related field with 2 to 3 years of related experience in an office setting is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.