NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Executive Assistant within the NYULMC In House Temp Program.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for performing work primarily in an administrative capacity within the scope of secretarial duties to support major administrative functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standard and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Maintains contact with sections in the department and other NYUMC departments under minimal supervision. Plans and coordinates interrelated activities effectively and efficiently according to schedule. Schedules appointments and conferences, confirms attendance, and facilitates program operation. Attends meetings and participates on committees, as required; prepares minutes as required.
- Coordinates calendars, appointments and meetings. Plans and coordinates interrelated activities effectively and efficiently. Schedules appointments and conferences, confirms attendance, location and set-up.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental or program budgets. Compiles and assembles basic information needed for the budget based on past practice or directors instructions. Verifies, records and resolves discrepancies of revenues and expenses. Makes recommendations for the enhancement of financial record keeping systems.
- Composes, prepares and edits reports, general correspondence; assists in the preparation of meeting agenda, minutes and presentations; coordinates meeting follow-up activities as indicated etc. Prepares materials neatly and timely. Proof reads, edits, properly organizes, and formats the materials as needed. Contacts the participants to confirm attendance, review minute segments applicable to presentations. Written materials are clear, grammatically correct and meet content requirements. Routes complex correspondence to the supervisor and attaches related records or information to the correspondence. Prepares responses which are clear, grammatically correct and meet content requirements. Completes responses and sends them out promptly. Properly formats responses and adheres to general guidelines given by supervisor. Routes non-routine correspondence to supervisor and attaches related records or information to correspondence.
- Collects, updates, and summarizes data, tracer information and statistics for the department; creates flow sheets/tracking grids as may be necessary to demonstrate program activities. Obtains appropriate data sufficient to satisfy the project requirements. Utilizes appropriate sources to complete the assignment. Develops and maintains flow sheets and monitoring grids to support regulatory compliance program. Enters data into data base on a timely basis (within 5 working days). Submits data to the director which is neat and well-written.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of supplies for the department or oversees the function. Orders the correct type of supply based on supervisors instructions and/or past practice; initiates follow-up with the Vendor/General Stores, Purchasing, Receiving, Accounts Payable or Printing as needed. Ensures there is an adequate level of supplies available on an on-going basis while adhering to budgetary restrictions. Arranges for the repair/removal of malfunctioning equipment according to the supervisors instructions.
- Greets, directs, and responds to the needs and requests of the staff, patients, visitors, and general public. Answers telephones and inquires promptly and courteously; identifies the department when answering the phone. Directs telephone calls and visitors appropriately based on content or inquiry. Obtains information, answers questions, and resolves routinely moderate problems in accordance with departmental, and/or Medical Center policies and procedures. Takes messages accurately, dates them and conveys them on a timely basis. Works collaboratively with colleagues to provide appropriate coverage.
- Sets up and maintains files and complex records of program activities. Maintains records in an organized and up-to-date manner. Maintains information for the department in accordance with departmental Medical Center, Federal, State and City Agency regulations. Periodically reviews files to check whether renewals are due, copies are clear, or whether additional information is necessary; initiates corrective follow-up.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of academic and experience background, including business school courses. Four years of responsible secretarial experience required. Typing (60 wpm) and steno (80 wpm) or Dictaphone required. Knowledge of medical terminology and word processing as needed.
Knowledge of computer systems, word processing, database and spreadsheets. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.