| One of Moody's key strategic business imperatives is to increase the diversity of its workforce at all levels which supports our continuing commitment to make Moody's a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Moody's has launched RE-IGNITE: A return to work program. Through this program we want to create a pathway for individuals wishing to re-enter the workforce after a minimum two year hiatus. |
Participants could potentially intern in one of the following areas:
- The ten week internship timeframe is from April 3 - June 9th.
- New York City Only
- Application deadline is Friday, February 17th.
Moody's Investors Service:
Moody's Investors Service is a leading provider of credit ratings, research, and risk analysis. Moody's commitment and expertise contributes to transparent and integrated financial markets. The firm's ratings and analysis track debt covering more than 115 countries, 11,000 corporate issuers, 21,000 public finance issuers, and 76,000 structured finance obligations.
Lines of Business include:
- Corporate Finance Ratings: US Non-financial corporates.
- US Public Finance Ratings: US Local Governments, Healthcare, Higher-Ed, Housing, Not-for-Profit.
- Project Finance & Infrastructure Ratings: Utilities, Project Finance.
- Financial Institutions Ratings: Banks, Insurance companies
- Structured Finance Ratings: ABS, RMBS, CMBS, Derivatives, Structured Finance Group Administration.
- Credit Policy: Oversees MIS ratings performance and methodologies.
Moody's Analytics helps capital markets and credit risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody's Investors Service, Moody's Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges.
Lines of Business Functions include:
Moody's Shared Services:
- Sales & Customer Service: Support Moody's Analytics Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing teams.
- Content Distribution: Manage relationship with content distributors and end users.
- Quantitative Research: Research opportunities are available to work on various Financial, Mathematical and Statistical topics.
- Software Engineering: Exposure to and management of the Agile software development process.
- Professional Services: Marketing initiatives for Moody's Analytics' consulting services group.
Moody's Shared Service provides the operational backbone and support for MA and MIS, as well as the corporation-level functions that support the broader work of Moody's.
Lines of Business include:
- Human Resources: Leads the people strategy.
- Moody's Information Technology: Includes project management and application support functions.
- Finance: Tax, Collections, Pricing, and Internal Audit.
Varies by Function.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in economics, finance, business or other quantitative field a plus; CFA a plus.
- Four to six years of experience in finance credit analysis that included assigning risk ratings to issuers and transactions.
- Excellent communications skills - oral and written. Writing needs to be well-structured and logical.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to help resolve differing analytical viewpoints.
- Highly disciplined, organized, and efficient with ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently - proactive, flexible, diligent, with the highest ethical standards.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.