Imagine Housing – Kirkland, WA
Imagine Housing is changing families’ and children’s lives every day, every year. Imagine a place where homeless veterans, seniors and low income people can find their safe place to live and prosper. Imagine a place where domestic violence survivors finally are able to find safe, affordable and beautiful housing for themselves and their children. Imagine a place that offers academic and social enrichment activities to kids and supportive services to their families to help them gain the educational, employment, financial and life management skills they will need to succeed in life.
Today, Imagine Housing and Red Vines 1, Imagine Housing’s affiliated Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO), own and manage 13 apartment complexes in Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Sammamish, Redmond, and Mercer Island, providing 485 apartment homes to more than 1,100 individuals. Athene, a 91-unit property for seniors in Kirkland, is currently under construction and will be ready for occupancy in late 2017. On-site supportive services are provided, as needed, to help residents remain stably housed.
The organization’s budget from grants, contributions, rental income, management fees, and development fees is $2.34 million with total assets under management in excess of $100 million. For more information on Imagine Housing please visit http://www.imaginehousing.org.
Imagine Housing’s ED is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED serves as the primary staff liaison for the Executive Committee, Governance Committee, and Advocacy Committee. The ED reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. The ED will have wide latitude in exercising independent initiative and judgment, subject to the policies established by the Board.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is very competitive with like-sized human service organizations in the area. An excellent employee benefits package is available.
- Experience leading and directing complex organizations with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Experience with three or more of the following programs and functions is required: executive leadership; commercial or residential real estate development; affordable housing development; portfolio and investment management; property and/or asset management; community, land use and/or economic development; supportive services; board development; and/or fund development.
- High-level fiscal and administrative management experience, including budgeting, variance reporting, financial oversight, and loan portfolio and investment portfolio management
- Knowledge of local, state, and national policies, issues, and best practices regarding community development and affordable housing.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing impact investments and/or social enterprise financing programs.
- Demonstrated management experience, including staff supervision and financial oversight.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under pressure.
- High ethical standards and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Timing and Application
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume as soon as possible. Full consideration is assured if letters and resumes are received no later than 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Wednesday, March 1, 2017. For a full position description or to apply visit http://www.hagelsearch.com/imaginehousing.
For further information email email@example.com or call 253-572-2439 x310. DO NOT submit your application to this email address.