The Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) represents over 100 member hospitals and health systems throughout Colorado. CHA partners with its members in efforts to transform the health care payment and delivery system, improve hospital performance, and provide advocacy and representation at the state and federal level. Colorado hospitals and health systems are committed to providing coverage and access to safe, high-quality and affordable health care. In addition, Colorado hospitals have a tremendous impact on the state’s economic stability and growth, contributing to nearly every community with more than 75,000 employees statewide. For more information on CHA, visit www.cha.com.
The Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety will lead and direct CHA patient safety programs and initiatives. The CHA Patient Safety Program is robust and dynamic, and has a critical role that contributes to the achievement of both CHA’s commitment to improve hospitals’ clinical performance, and meet CHA yearly target metrics as well as its overall mission/vision/strategy. This program closely works with CHA member hospitals and health systems and the American Hospital Association to achieve both individual facility and statewide goals in the area of clinical improvement and patient safety. Additionally, this director collaborates with numerous outside organizations and collaboratives regarding the total continuum of care, which in turn affects the care given by CHA members, within their settings.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls activity and personnel in the department.
- Collaborates with CHA departments for clinical and financial analytics and outcomes
- Is responsible for the implementation of the association’s quality and patient safety plan.
- Facilitates, develops, and promotes statewide quality improvement initiatives.
- Assures that statewide initiatives collect, analyze and report data to measure improvement.
- Participates on the CHA Clinical Excellence Council and provides information and support for Council meetings.
- Oversees hospital data reporting for Colorado Hospital Report Card.
- Provides education and information to quality leaders in Colorado hospitals to stay current with national trends and regulations.
- Promotes a culture of safety, high-reliability, patient and staff engagement, and performance excellence in all Colorado hospitals and their health systems.
- Maintains current competency and expertise in quality and patient safety.
- Provides guidance on the development of educational programs regarding quality improvement and patient safety issues, including the Patient Safety Leadership Congress, in collaboration primarily with the Education Department.
- Analyzes legislation and regulations related to patient safety and quality improvement as needed and provides summaries and recommendations for the membership as well as CHA staff.
- Participates in CHA internal activities and culture
- Promotes collaboration and integration with all departments and initiatives of CHA.
- Manages CHA’s Patient Safety program including the coordination of the various related initiatives.
- Responsible for regularly updating CHA staff, CHA Board of Trustees and members on departmental initiatives
- Collaborates with regulatory bodies such as Center for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS), HRET and Health Care Policy and Finance (HCPF), and related organizations such as Telligen, CHCA, etc.