The EMC is responsible for the institution’s: written emergency management plan; training of staff in their roles in response to campus emergencies; conducting tabletop or full scale emergency management exercises; coordinating Stockton’s emergency response with local, county, state and federal emergency management officials; and compliance with FEMA, the Higher Education Opportunity Act and the Clery Act.
This position supervises the Health and Safety Officer, the University CERT, and the student EMS group.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Homeland Security, Disaster Management or other emergency management related topic. Additional years of experience can be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis. A minimum of five (5) years experience in an emergency management position, three of which should be a minimum role of supervisory or management. Demonstrated experience with the creation, communication and implementation of emergency plans, training and exercises, as well as the assessment of the effectiveness of the same. Work experience in a college or university environment preferred. Knowledge of all phases of emergency management, including causes, effects, and the dynamics of threats, hazards and resultant emergency situations. Knowledge of potential grant and other funding opportunities of emergency response. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent computer skills. Work schedule flexibility to meet the demand of periodic evening and weekend requirements.
NIMS ICS 400, 700, and 800 as required by Presidential Directive, New Jersey Emergency Management Basic Workshop and FEMA IS 1.a, Emergency Program Manager – An introduction to the position. (These are required by statute and NJOEM Directive/Option could be to require completion of these courses within one year of hire) Successful applicant will be required to complete a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education each year as per statute and may also be requested to complete the IAEM Certified Emergency Manager Course or the New Jersey Certified Emergency Manager Course.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A resume
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.