| || |
Why come to UC Merced?
• Cutting-edge sustainability and clean energy focus.
• High-performance super computing capabilities.
• Outstanding benefits with significant paid time off.
• A culture of collaboration that is mission-driven.
• An affordable and welcoming community that promotes a quality life and true balance.
• Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put your mark on and be a part of a budding Top Tier Research University.
The University of California, Merced (UC Merced) is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. UC Merced was conceived both to serve the needs of the rapidly growing Central Valley, one of the world’s most productive agricultural regions, and to increase access to the University of California system (UC System) for California’s top students. Now, with close to 7,300 students (including more than 500 graduate students), UC Merced plans additional student growth to an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students in 2020-2021.
UC Merced is the most ethnically diverse campus in the UC System http://www.ucmerced.edu/diversity. More than sixty percent of the undergraduates are first generation college students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs; regional, statewide, and global partnerships; and local community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff. The campus represents an important point of pride for the city of Merced (pop. 80,000), a city within driving distance of Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as well as the state capitol in Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Valley, and the Monterey coast.
The Programmer Analyst serves as an experienced applications programmer and is responsible for development and maintenance of UC Merced's Ellucian Banner Student Information System, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and associated applications. This position will also be involved in other large academic and administrative systems as needed. Participates in all phases of analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting, move to production, maintenance, and support of mission-critical, multi-tier business applications in an Oracle RDBMS environment mainly, and other databases based on needs. The Programmer Analyst will program primarily in SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Java, Groovy/Grails, Spring, Hibernate framework and SOA architecture, but will also be expected to learn and become productive in other languages and technologies as needed. This position is an experienced applications programming professional with a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
The best candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and team work skills, as well as the ability to successfully deliver on a wide variety of technical challenges and tasks.
- Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates complex programs for functional areas.
- Analyzes existing programs or works to formulate logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, data analysis, and tests/debugs programs through the application of professional programming concepts.
- Provides analysis for the design and use of complex relational databases.
- Develops and executes moderately complex test plans.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Recommends and implements changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Trains users and provides desktop support on an as needed basis.
- Understand industry practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY AT UC MERCED:
Career Stability and Growth:
• Performance-based Culture
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Cross-functional/department Opportunities
• Campus Community Opportunities
• UC Systems Involvement
• Access to Lynda.com
• Lifelong Learning Nurtured
• Significant Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Days (Campus closed for 10 days during End of Year Holidays)
• UC Retirement System
• Inexpensive Medical Plans
• Free Vision & Dental Insurance
• Deeply Discounted Tuition
• Fitness and Wellness Programs
• Affordable, Welcoming Community
Opportunity to Make an Impact:
• Triple Zero Commitment
• LEED Certification
• Leading Conservation & Sustainability Programs
• Environmental Stewardship
• Cutting-edge Technology and Research
• Community Development and Involvement
• Part of UC Natural Reserve System
• Serving 1st Generation College Students