| For more than 50 years, Choice has helped the world's leading companies better manage their global supply-chains. We offer enterprise-grade warehouse, inventory, and transportation management solutions through our global footprint of more than 400 stocking locations, regional distribution centers, and transportation hubs in more than 80 countries. Beyond 3PL solutions, Choice offers field engineering, HW/SW configuration, depot repair, and asset recovery support. Companies turn to Choice to compress time-to-market, provide differentiation in the market place, and remove costs. |
Choice Logistics is seeking an experienced professional to join our operations management team in the role of VP, Global Trade Solutions.
The VP, Global Trade Solutions will be accountable for the development and execution of efficient cross-border movements of service parts on behalf of our clients. Choice facilitates the importation and storage of these items so they can be accessed immediately in the event of a critical service issue.
Ideally this position is based in our global headquarters in NYC and oversees a team that determine the most effective ways to move items into various countries including development of a provider network to support this activity. We seek someone who is globally savvy, well connected, resourceful, creative, loves being challenged, and is committed to providing excellent client support.
Critical functions of this role include:
- Working closely with our clients in a consultative manner to determine importation strategies that meet their specific requirements
- Provide tools, techniques, communication and training required for all stakeholders (clients, vendors, staff, contractors) to ensure performance standards are met
- Source and manage global relationships with IOR/EOR providers and a network of brokers
- Develop strategies that balance minimizing tax exposure, transportation costs and transit times
- Management of the current Compliance and Trade Policies and Processes; being the subject matter expert in both policy and mechanics, and conversant to stakeholders of all levels
- Staying current on government legislation and regulations
- Assessment of current trade and compliance processes to identify areas of exposure or opportunity to better support Choice business objectives
- Consolidate relevant metrics on a regular schedule and produce reporting to measure these KPIs
- Business risk assessment / mitigation
- BS/BA in Management, Business, or International Relations required
- Advanced specialty degree preferred (broker’s license, tax certification, JD)
- 10 years related experience (high-tech industry preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and international law (FCPA, EAR, etc.), customs regulations, import and export procedures and incoterms (familiarity with existing trade pacts desirable)
- Capable of interpreting laws and translating them into business practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively throughout the organization
- Global and Multi-local experience
- Ability to Project Manage and lead process improvement initiatives
- Ability to influence organizational change
- Ability to travel internationally