The University Of Maryland School Of Dentistry has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Director, Special Projects for the Dean. The Senior Director will complete special projects assigned by the Dean and will develop and maintain databases to accurately capture the extensive outreach services, programs, expertise, and accomplishments of the School. Responsibilities will include: compiling the information in useful reporting formats to support the mission of the School; providing executive summaries for the Dean; assisting with the internal facilitation of campus visits by public officials, community partners, and representatives of private entities; working in conjunction with the School to create new opportunities with private and community partners to raise awareness of our programs to benefit the citizens of Maryland; providing support to the Dean of the School and helping to initiative and manage key relationships with external stakeholders. This position would be required to complete a significant amount of writing, be adept at completing the necessary research to provide timely and accurate information to the Dean, and interact with high-level individuals who are connected to the institution. This position has the authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices.
Established as the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery in 1840, the University of Maryland School of Dentistry is the world's first dental college. The school's mission is to improve the quality of life in Maryland through education, research, and service related to health, with special emphasis on improving dental, oral, and craniofacial health through comprehensive education, research, and service programs. The School of Dentistry is Maryland's predominant provider of comprehensive and emergency oral health services for individuals of all ages, including the underserved and disadvantaged.
This is a regular, exempt position and offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Identifies, develops and manages events, initiatives, and special projects that foster community linkages.
- Advises the Dean and Senior Leadership in strategic decision-making and vision planning.
- Collaborates with multiple teams including divisions and departments within the School of Dentistry and across campus to research, design and implement strategic initiatives to the betterment of SOD and its students.
- Works with the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, Assistant Dean of Development and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, on educational initiatives to prepare future alumni to be responsible and innovative leaders in the field of dentistry and within their communities.
- Collaborates with faculty, administrators and students to further the SOD's international education efforts.
- Participates as a member of the planning team for the Dean's special projects, such as annual state of School addresses.
- Participates in School events, such as: Convocation Planning, Alumni and Donor Events, Community Outreach, and other similar activities initiated by the institution.
- Assists the Dean with key searches and hires within the Dean's Office, throughout the School, and at the University.
- Assists the Dean's Office with the planning and execution of external reviews of academic units throughout the School.
- Prepares written reports, materials and presentations for the Dean and other School and University leaders as appropriate
- Supports the work of the Office of the Dean by coordinating efforts within the School to help build and develop strong external support for the School and its mission.
- Attends appropriate internal and external meetings, hearings, and conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.