| Founded in 1942, the Department of Nutrition has a long and respected history both nationally and internationally. As a component within the Harvard medical community, the department engages in a wide range of collaborative projects with scientists in other departments and institutions. As one of Harvard University's ten graduate schools, the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health emphasizes not only the development and implementation of disease prevention and treatment programs, but also the planning and management of systems involved in the delivery of health services in this country and abroad.|
Under direction of a faculty member or research staff, performs a variety of non-laboratory research and clerical tasks to advance research in the area of public health nutrition, nutritional epidemiology, and related areas. Must work as part of a team in compiling and analyzing data from ongoing projects, although tasks may be performed independently and/or without direct supervision in an on- or off-site location.
Typical Research Duties
1. Collects or collates project data, acquiring it through observation, structured interviews, library research, online research, data processing methods, or other research methods;
2. Records and/or codes data according to project requirements and established protocols;
3. Processes, organizes and summarizes data, reporting experimental results using a variety of scientific, word processing, spreadsheet or statistical software applications or program platforms;
4. Makes periodic reports of project status to supervisor or other research team personnel, which could entail adequate knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word;
5. Performs quality control checks on data, manuscripts and presentations;
6. Drafts research group newsletters;
7. Provides updates and formats research groups' websites, manuscripts, and related tasks;
8. Other related tasks as they become necessary.
Typical Clerical Duties
1. Performs clerical duties incidental to research tasks including assisting with grant applications;
2. May process orders or invoices, or undertake other clerical and simple accounting duties under the direction of faculty member or administrative personnel.
3. Organizes research group meetings, room reservations, and AV equipment.
4. Other duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
PLEASE NOTE: Finalists may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers